What user permissions are needed on a machine to install and run LoadRunner
Administrator for installation and power user for running LoadRunner
A user must be logged in as administrator to install LoadRunner.
It is recommended to be a member of at least power users to run LoadRunner. Sometimes, due to security restrictions, this is not possible. In that case, the user must have at least the following rights:
1. Full access (read/write permissions) to registry keys under:
2. Full access (read/write permissions) to the file system to be able to copy files.
If there is any problem either with agent start up or connection from Controller to the agent on a Windows 2000 machine with a power user, try the following:
1. Open the Local Security Settings window through Start -> Programs -> Administrative Tools -> Local Security Policy.
2. Select Security Settings -> Local Policies -> User Rights Assignments.
3. Add the user to the "Create global objects" policy.