Error: "Error (pp_init): Failed to load data file [MsgId: MERR0]" when replaying a Windows Sockets multi-protocol script
When a multi-protocol script that includes the Windows Sockets protocol is created and saved using VuGen, a subsequent attempt to replay the script may result in the following error message being displayed:
Error (pp_init): Failed to load data file [MsgId: MERR0]
Warning: Extension wsrun32.dll reports error -1 on call to function ExtPerProcessInitialize [MsgId: MWAR-10485]
Error: Thread Context: Call to service of the driver failed, reason – thread context wasn’t initialized on this thread. [MsgId: MERR-1017
A Windows Sockets single protocol script can be created, saved and then replayed successfully.
The multi-protocol script fails to replay as a script file required by the Windows Socket protocol is missing from the script directory. The missing script file that is required for the script to replay successfully is the file "data.ws".
This file is present in a Windows Sockets single protocol script. To workaround this issue in a multi-protocol script that includes the Windows Sockets protocol follow these steps:
- Open VuGen and create an empty Windows Sockets single protocol script. Save the script,
- Select (or create) the multi-protocol script that includes the Windows Sockets protocol in VuGen,
- Right click in the scripts pane in the Script View and select "Add Files to Script",
- Browse to the folder containing the Windows Sockets single protocol script and open the "data.ws" file to add it to the multi-protocol script,
- Save the multi-protocol script and confirm it now replays correctly.