How to set up the SAP CCMS monitor
The SAP CCMS (Computer Center Management System) monitor displays statistics about the resource usage of all servers, components, and resources in any SAP R/3 landscape during the scenario run. You can also use the SAP CCMS monitor for SAP Portal and SAP GUI environments, but the amount of measurements provided by the SAP CCMS monitor is much greater.
1. SAP monitor license
2. LoadRunner 7.8 or above.
For LoadRunner 7.8, apply Feature Pack 1:
- On a machine with LoadRunner 7.8, go to Start à Programs à LoadRunner à UpdateService.
- Click on the "Show Update" button.
- Obtain and install "LoadRunner update."
3. SiteScope installation
· For LoadRunner 7.8 and below:
LoadRunner 7.8 and below supports SiteScope Lite version only. The SiteScope Lite installation file (SiteScopeSetupForLR.exe) and SiteScope Lite license are available in the Patches Database à LoadRunner à 7.6 à Performance Monitor à LR76P6 – LoadRunner 7.6 SiteScope Siebel and SAP Portal Add-in for LoadRunner.
· For LoadRunner 8.0:
LoadRunner 8.0 supports SiteScope 7.9.5. You need to install a patch on the Sitescope machine and the LoadRunner Controller machine. These patches are available in Patches Database à LoadRunner à 8.0 à Performance Monitors à LR80P77 – LoadRunner 8.0 Monitoring Support for SiteScope 7.9.5
4. On the machine installed with SiteScope, install the SAP Java Connector (SAP JCo 2.0.10 and above)
Ensure you have LoadRunner 7.8 or above installed. Ideally, you will want an extra machine for the SiteScope installation:
- First machine à Controller
- Second machine à SiteScope
- Third machine à Load Generator
- Fourth machine à Load Generator
In this situation, SiteScope will be gathering information from the servers and displaying them via a Web interface. The Controller will then connect to the SiteScope installation and retrieve this data during the scenario run.
Prior to installing SiteScope, install the SAP Java Connector (SAP JCo 2.0.10 and above). To install the SAP Java Connector, perform the following:
- Download the SAP Java Connector from the SAP Software Distribution Center at http://www.service.sap.com/connectors. Click ‘SAP Java Connector’ and ‘Tools and Services’. You will need a valid Service Marketplace login to access this site.
- Follow the installation instructions that come with the SAP JCo download for your appropriate platform. On Windows, add the JCo installation location in the System Environment PATH variable. This change usually requires you to reboot Windows for the system PATH to be updated. Once completed, make the SAP JCo library file available to SiteScope by copying sapjco.jar (which comes with the Jco install) to /SiteScope/java/lib/ext before starting SiteScope.
1. Obtain the SiteScope installation file. (Requirement)
2. On the machine where you wish to install SiteScope, run the installation file.
3. In the “Administrator E-mail Address” window, enter an E-mail if you want a designated person to receive alerts, reports, and status messages. Otherwise, click <Next> to proceed to the next window.
1. Follow all the defaults settings to complete the SiteScope installation.
2. When the installation of SiteScope is completed, a browser will automatically open with instructions on how to start SiteScope. Basically, the way to start SiteScope is via a browser with the URL http://<machine-name>:8888/SiteScope.
As you can guess, SiteScope installs its own Web server as an interface to the application.
Note: If you do not have the license, please contact you regional sales.
1. The first time you start SiteScope, you will get a “SiteScope First Time Setup” page. Click on “Skip this Page” to go to main SiteScope site.
2. Once the Auto Configuration completes, you will be brought to the main SiteScope page.
3. Click on the “Preferences” link from the main SiteScope panel.
a. Enter the license in the “License Number” edit field.
b. Enter the additional license in the “Option licenses” edit field.
Note: The SAP CCMS Server monitor will not be available without an Option license.
4. Click on the “Save Changes” button.
How to add an SAP CCMS Monitor Group
1. On the SiteScope main page, click on “Create Groups.”
2. Enter a name for the group (e.g., SAP CCMS).
3. Click on the “Add” button.
How to add a SAP CCMS Monitor
1. From the main SiteScope page, go to the “SAP CCMS” group.
(How to add an SAP CCMS Monitor Group)
2. In the “Add to Group” section, click on “Monitor” and select “SAP CCMS Server” from the list of monitors.
Note: If you do not see “SAP CCMS Server” in the list, either the additional license was not applied. In that case, contact your local sales representative for the SAP CCMS add-in license. It may also be possible that the license file <SITESCOPE_INSTALL>/groups/master.config is corrupted. Edit the file in notepad and look for both licenses. If you can’t see them, try to remove/readd the license from the Sitescope site, restarting the SiteScope service in between. Contact SiteScope Support if further problems arise.
3. Click on “Choose Server,” and fill in the following:
|Application Server||Enter the address of the SAP server you want to monitor.|
|SAP Client||Enter the Client to use for connecting to SAP. A default client of 800 is typically used.|
|System Number||Enter the System number for the SAP server. A default system number of 00 is typically used.|
|Authorization User Name||Enter the Username required to connect to the SAP server. This user must have authorization to access CCMS metrics.|
|Authorization Password||Enter the Password required to connect to the SAP server.|
|SAP Router String (Optional)||If your connection is being made through a router, enter a router address string. You can find the router address using the SAP Logon tool from the SAP Client software. Open the Logon console, select the server you want to monitor and then select Properties to view the router address. Leave it blank otherwise.|
4. Click on the “Browse counters” button.
5. SiteScope will navigate to a page with all the available counters. Select the counters you want to monitor, and click on “Choose Counters.”
Note: This tree will more or less match the hierarchy of Monitoring Tree Elements displayed in the Monitoring Tree that is shown in the SAP GUI with transaction RZ20. However, the browse tree may show more or less information than RZ20 depending on the authorization level of the username you specified for this monitor. Check or clear the check boxes on the choose counters screen to select counters to monitor on this server.
6. SiteScope will navigate to the “Add SAP CCMS Server Monitor in Group” page with the counters selected in step 5 listed.
a. Verify the counters.
b. Change the update time to 15 seconds, and click on “Add monitor.”
Setting up a SiteScope SAP CCMS Monitor in the Controller
1. In the Controller, look for the SAP CCMS monitor in the ERP/CRM Server Resource Section.
2. Display the graph by dragging it to the right. Right-click in the graph and select “Add Measurement(s).” You should now see the SiteScope Dialog box.
3. Click on the first “Add” button. For the machine name, type in the IP address or the machine name of the system on which SiteScope is installed. Click <OK>.
4. Click on the second “Add” button. You should now see a SiteScope Monitor Configuration window. In the left pane, you should see a tree with the monitors you have added into the SiteScope application. Highlight the available monitors and choose the counters in the right pane. Click <OK> to get out of the menus.
5. You have now set up the new SiteScope SAP CCMS monitor.