In order to have a vugen script properly created, is necessary to ensure no errors or warnings are present, there are few other steps to complete to be able to consider that the script is properly developed.
This is a recommended checklist of the steps that should be complete for a script creation.
Note that this checklist has some items that only apply to web-based scripts and is optional to follow,
* All values that should be correlated have been correlated.
* Text checks (using web_reg_find) have been added before each web_url and web_submit_data function.
* ContentCheck Rules have been added for all known error messages.
* All server requests (web_url, web_submit_data) are being measured with a transaction (lr_start_transaction, lr_end_transaction, lr_set_transaction).
* Script runs without causing errors, and any warnings are due to legitimate reasons (e.g. download filters).
* File-based parameters have the correct “select next row” and “update value on” settings.
* Correct runtime settings have been set. This means:
o Action blocks have been weighted with correct percentages in Run Logic.
o Pacing intervals have been set to the correct value that will achieve target throughput with the given number of vusers.
o Full logging has been disabled, and size of “send messages only when an error occurs” lgo cache has been increased.
o Think time set to replay as a random percentage, and think time values in script are not ridiculously large. No think time inside transactions.
o Any needed download filters have been set.
o All other runtime settings have been set as per internal standards.