LoadRunner .NET Virtual Users are developed through custom coding in .Net Visual Studio. Coding can be done in C#, C++, or Visual Basic. This document outlines the requirements for setting up the development environment with the LoadRunner product.
Install MS .NET Visual Studio, LoadRunner and the LoadRunner .NET IDE Add In component.
The .NET Virtual Users are developed using .NET Visual Studio from Microsoft. Installation of the following components is required to set up the environment for .NET Virtual User development.
1. .NET Visual Studio from Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 (v 7.1), or Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2005
2. LoadRunner with a .NET Virtual User license
3. LoadRunner Visual Studio 2003 or 2005 IDE Add-In available from the LoadRunner Installation DVD Additional Components section
After installing these components, .Net Visual Studio will support the .NET Virtual User type (C#, C++, and Visual Basic) projects. The .NET Virtual User should be developed using one of these projects. For example, to create VB Vuser:
1. Open .Net Studio.
2. Go to File -> New -> Project.
3. Select "Visual Basic Projects."
4. Select the "LoadRunner VB.NET Vuser."
5. Type in a name for the project and click <OK>.
6. In the project, you will see three functions: Initialize, Actions and Terminate. These functions are the same as vuser_init, Action1, and vuser_end in VuGen.
7. Add your codes into the sections as needed.