Using ALM-PC 11.00, the ALM server has been updated to SP2 and the PC servers and Hosts to patch 4v2. Since the update, the results collation on every load test fails and the following message is displayed on the PC session:
Result collation critical error. Reason: ‘There was no endpoint listening at net.pipe://localhost/OTAOperationService3712 that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details. The pipe endpoint ‘net.pipe://localhost/OTAOperationService3712’ could not be found on your local machine. ‘
There were no errors reported in the either the ALM SP2 patch or the PC Server and Hosts patch installation. PC Lab Management System Health does not report any problem.
The root cause is unidentified but appears to be a problem with the installation of OTA client installed on the PC Host Controller.
1. On each PC Host and Server open a browser and make a connection to the ALM, e.g. http://<alm_server>:8080/qcbin.
2. Select the ALM Add-Ins page > Quality Center Connectivity and download the add in to the PC machine.
3. Follow the instructions on you screen to install this add-in
4. Reset IIS on the PC Server
5. Run load tests with auto-collate + analyze and check the runs reach the Finished status.