The password for qcsiteadmin schema may need to be changed with a new one when using Oracle as a database in Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) 11. This can be achieved by following the next steps. Note that the new password will be only applied to ALM user password for qcsiteadmin schema (different from project schema) and the projects password will not be affected.
Before proceeding with the following steps and making any changes in site administration, the best would be backing up the DB_USER_PASS value that is located in the qcsiteadmin database/schema DBSERVERS table, or ideally backup the whole siteadmin database(qcsiteadmin_db).
Steps to change the default ALM user password for ALM qcsiteadmin_db:
1. First the “Application Lifecycle Management User password” from Site Administration -> DB Servers Tab should be changed with the new one.
This operation updates the DB_USER_PASS column (new password encryption) in the DBSERVERS table in qcsiteadmin_db (Site Administration database/schema)
2. In Oracle Enterprise Manager edit qcsiteadmin_db user and type the new password (same as one)
3. Go and display the contents of DB_USER_PASS column (new password encryption) in the DBSERVERS table in qcsiteadmin_db (Site Administration database/schema) and copy the encrypted value.
Save it somewhere.
4. On the application Server go to the ALM deployment location. For example it would be:
There you will find the siteadmin.xml file preserving information for the created siteadmin schema.
Backup this file just in case.
with the new (updated) DB_USER_PASS value from the DBSERVERS table
5. Save the changes in the siteadmin.xml file.
6. Go to the following location on your Server:
C:\ProgramData\HP\ALM\conf and edit the “qcConfigFile.properties”
Find the places where the old Encryption of the password is written and change it with the new one. You need to focus over:
7. Restart the HP ALM Service from Services.
8. Try logging to ALM Site Admin page and to any ALM project.
Note that this change does not affect projects user password and they will keep the old ones.