The WebEx Recorder and WebEx Player are stand-alone programs that enable users to record actions on a desktop, save the recording to a file, and replay the recording from that file (as a video). These programs are provided by HP’s WebEx Service Provider for free.
Where can the software be downloaded from?
Both the WebEx Recorder and WebEx Player are distributed via a single installer. This installer can be downloaded from https://welcome.webex.com/client/wbxclient/atrecply.msi. The download takes about 10 seconds and the installation takes about 15 seconds.
How to make a recording
· Launch the WebEx Recorder application.
· Go to File -> Open Application from the menu in the WebEx Recorder window.
· Select "Windows Desktop" from the "WebEx Recorder-Open Application" dialog.
· Choose a file name and location to save the recording to. The file extension is .wrf (WebEx Recording File).
· Clear the "Record Audio" checkbox in the "Recorder Panel."
· Click on the "Record" button in the "Recorder Panel."
· Record any desired operations,
NOTE: If recording an HP tool/product interacting with another application, make sure of placing them side by side when recording
· Click on the "Stop" button in the "Recorder Panel."
Note: It’s possible to replay anything recorded; however, to replay OTHER recordings, the WebEx Player application must be utilized.
How to replay an existing recording
Either double-click/open the file with extension *.wrf for the video starts playing or:
· Launch the WebEx Player application.
· Go to File -> Open from the WebEx Player window.
· Choose a .wrf (WebEx Recording File) to play back.
· Click on the "Play" button in the WebEx Player window.
IMPORTANT: When creating a WebEx recording for HP Support, make sure of:
· File is zipped (such as using WinZip) before attaching the file to the Service Request.
· Be sure of playing back the created video, to assure that whatever that was recorded shows what it is desired/needed