After a few minutes of run with Sprinter 11 patch 9 against SAP GUI 7.20, SAP GUI 7.20 controls are displayed in different positions of the screen from those where they should appear. When this happen, SAP GUI hangs partially (it is not in "Not Responding" status but no actions can be performed) and Sprinter stops recording user actions against SAP GUI. No memory increase/general system performance decrease is observed when the problem occurs. The issue takes place exclusively with SAP GUI, other applications do not show it.
SAP GUI 7.20 does not have the minimum patch level necessary for Sprinter.
To fix this issue, the minimum SAP GUI 7.20 patch level needed to record and run tests with Sprinter is patch level 4. To work around this problem, please install SAP GUI 7.20 patch 4 or higher.
The same issue can occur for SAP GUI 6.40. For this version make sure to install SAP GUI 6.40 patch level 2 or later.
After installing Sprinter patch 7 or any later Sprinter patch, the error message "The Sprinter agent is currently being used by a different user on the secondary machine" is returned when trying to perform mirroring and the user from the primary machine is different to the one logged in to the secondary machine.
This did not take happen with prior Sprinter patches.
This issue is caused by a change introduced in Sprinter patch 7 (and therefore later patches as they are cumulative).
Through this modification Sprinter prevents mirroring when the process user on the primary machine and the logged in user on the secondary machine are not the same.
It is possible reverting Sprinter to the behavior prior to patch 7 and therefore allow mirroring between different users.
Please follow the below instructions to do so:
1. Open “SprinterAgent.exe.config” file located in the <Sprinter Installation Folder>\bin folder with any text editor.
2. Search for the flag SprinterAgentAcceptIncomingCallsFromAnyUser and set it to True.
In other words, replace:
<add key="SprinterAgentAcceptIncomingCallsFromAnyUser" value="False"/>
<add key="SprinterAgentAcceptIncomingCallsFromAnyUser" value="True"/>
3. Repeat steps #1 and #2 on the primary and all secondary machines.
Location of Sprinter logs
1. Go to Windows Start, then to "Run"
2. Type command: %appdata%\HP\Sprinter\Log\
3. Click "Ok" (or press Enter key)
Configuration of Sprinter logs
1. Close Sprinter
2. Erase or rename the log(s) files.
3. Open the configuration file:
· Core features: Sprinter.exe.Config file (<Sprinter>\bin\Sprinter.exe.Config, for example: "C:\Program Files\HP\Sprinter\bin\Sprinter.exe.Config")
o SprinterRTE.exe.Config file (Mirroring feature)
4. Locate on opened configuration file, the XML node structure equivalent to below:
<add switchValue="All" name="General">
5. Change the value for the xml attribute called "switchValue" to be "All"
6. Restart Sprinter
7. Reproduce undesired behavior
8. Collect logs