My round-trip latency value is not correct when running vCat Client emulation. The value should be double of Latency emulation value, but it’s not.
Some types of PC has timing issues with the clock. This can cause inaccurate calculations and reporting of latency.
One of these type of PC is the HP 8000 Elite PC.
To resolve the problem on the HP 8000:
1. Right Click on My Computer and choose Properties
2. Go to the Advanced Tab
3. Under Startup and Recovery, click on Settings
4. Under System Startup, click on Edit
5. Edit the boot.ini file to inlcude the usepmtimer at the end of the line.
6. multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS=”Microsoft Windows XP Professional” /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /usepmtimer
7. Save the file and reboot the PC.
The newer 4-port Network Adapter teamed together with a Virtual Adapter is NOT supported by the Shunra Wan Emulation driver. If possible, use only 1 port of the Network Adapter and designate it as the main NIC.