As of SiteScope 11.24, the list of supported browsers is as follows
(taken from SiteScope Deployment Guide -> Installation Requirements -> Client System Requirements)
SiteScope client is supported on all Microsoft Windows operating systems using the following:
Supported Browsers: SiteScope UI
– Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10
Note for Internet Explorer 10:
+ Alert, Monitor, and Server-Centric Reports are supported in compatibility mode only.
+ There is no support for add-ons, like Java, when Internet Explorer 10 is used from the Start screen.
To use SiteScope in Internet Explorer 10, you must switch to Internet Explorer desktop mode and install java.
For details, see http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internetexplorer/install-java#ie=ie-10.
– Mozilla Firefox (latest certified version: 24.0 ESR)
– Safari (7.0.4) on Mac OS (10.9.3)
Supported Browsers: Unified Console (Multi-View, Event Console)
– Google Chrome (latest certified version: 34.0.1847.137 m)
– Mozilla Firefox (latest certified version: 24.5. 0 ESR)
– Safari (latest certified version: 5.1.7 for Windows; 7.0.3 for Mac OS)
– Internet Explorer 9, 10, 11
+ Internet Explorer 9 is supported with the following limitations:
– It is not supported on Microsoft Windows 7 N Edition.
– It is not supported on Microsoft Windows Server 2008.
+ SiteScope Multi-View is no longer officially supported in Internet Explorer 8, and we recommend switching to one of the supported
browsers. The tab functionality in the Web Dashboard does not work in Internet Explorer 8.
– iPad 3 with Safari (iOS 7 with latest updates)
– Android tablet with Chrome 34.0.1847 (Full HD display)
Supported Browsers: SiteScope Multi-View Page in MyBSM
– Internet Explorer 8, 9, 10