Previously, QuickTest Professional used tool \bin\ClientLogs.exe utility, setting up its section called “QTP”, however for UFT, this option does not capture any logs.
Implement the below solution to capture UFT logs considering the above
Instructions to collect desired logs.
IMPORTANT: Review entire below summary before implementing steps.
1. Close UFT.exe, AQTRmtAgent.exe and QTAutomationAgent.exe
2. Locate tool’s “Logs” directory/folder (see A section below)
3. Configure all necessary config.xml files (see B section below)
4. Clear (or delete contents of) “Logs” directory/folder.
5. Reproduce situation. If reproduction requires multiple repetitions/iterations, repeat steps 4 – 5.
Note: Enabling logs as suggested may generate larger logs files, so minimizing the tasks done on UFT to reproduce, and clearing the logs before each attempt of reproduction, may help collecting more accurate information from such logs.
6. (If possible) Collect date and time when issue. Note: this helps narrowing down search within logs.
7. Compress logs to ZIP
A. Logs location/path/directory
The UFT log files generated from below steps should get created by default under the following path:
To navigate to above, go to “Start” > “Run” and type above path.
Note: if, and only IF, above path is not found, then:
1. Open desired log configuration file (*.xml)
2. Search below tag/structure:
3. Confirm “file value” is pointing to desired path.
Note: Above is pointing to default mentioned before/above: %APPDATA%\Hewlett-Packard\UFT\Logs
4. (Optional) If desired, change path to another location and save file, for example:
B. Configure config.xml files
1. Create backup of \bin\log.config.xml. Note: this is to “disable” expanded logs by replacing modified files with backup
2. Open on a text editor \bin\log.config.xml
3. If the test execution is longer than 30 min, increase the value of maximumFileSize to 50MB:
4. Change the “level value” under “root” tag to DEBUG (instead of ERROR):
5. Make sure all appender-ref element values are set to “RollingFileAppender”:
6. If involving API scripts, add logger/tag named “HP.ST” as below:
7. Save changes on log.config.xml
8. Repeat steps 1 to 5 for below files \bin\log.config.AutomationAgent.xml, THEN save changes.
9. For \bin\log.config.RemoteAgent.xml, repeat steps 1 to 5, THEN set “level value” to DEBUG, under “LogCatRmtAgent” logger:
10. For \bin\qeee.log.config.xml, repeat steps 1 to 4, THEN:
1. Make sure all appender-ref element values are set to “QEEE_RollingFileAppender”:
2. Set “level value” to DEBUG, under “HP.QTP.QEEE” logger: